COVID-19 Update 64 with critical care specialist and pulmonologist Roger Seheult, MD on Remdesivir treatment trial updates.
Dr. Seheult breaks down two studies on remdesivir that were released yesterday. One remdesivir study was published in the Lancet (the study was conducted in China) and the other was published by the NIH (the study was conducted in the United States). The results of these studies on remdesivir coronavirus treatment vs placebo were dramatically different.
Links referenced in this video:
Johns Hopkins – https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html
NIH – https://www.nih.gov/news-events/news-releases/nih-clinical-trial-shows-remdesivir-accelerates-recovery-advanced-covid-19
The Lancet – https://www.thelancet.com/action/showPdf?pii=S0140-6736%2820%2931022-9
Some previous videos from this series (visit MedCram.com for the full series):
-Coronavirus Pandemic Update 63: Is COVID-19 a Disease of the Endothelium (Blood Vessels and Clots)? https://youtu.be/Aj2vB_VITXQ
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 62: Treatment with Famotidine (Pepcid)? https://youtu.be/DtPwfihjyrY
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 61: Blood Clots & Strokes in COVID-19; ACE-2 Receptor; Oxidative Stress https://youtu.be/22Bn8jsGI54
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 60: Hydroxychloroquine Update; NYC Data; How Widespread is COVID-19? https://youtu.be/fn2yk5SbGiw
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 59: Dr. Seheult’s Daily Regimen (Vitamin D, C, Zinc, Quercetin, NAC) https://youtu.be/NM2A2xNLWR4
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 58: Testing; Causes of Hypoxemia in COVID-19 (V/Q vs Shunt vs Diffusion) https://youtu.be/nO4xgcIaPeA
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 57: Remdesivir Treatment Update and Can Far-UVC Disinfect Public Spaces? https://youtu.be/2U4DAQ3kjRs
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 56: What is “Forest Bathing” & Can It Boost Immunity Against Viruses? https://youtu.be/PgDjVEpEOdQ
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 55: How COVID-19 Infection Attacks The Immune System & Differs From HIV: https://youtu.be/8NffZAGELGg
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 54: COVID-19 Antibody vs. PCR Testing; When to Relax Social Distancing?: https://youtu.be/kgzFAdYwYLM
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 53: Anticoagulation; Can Mechanical Ventilation Make COVID 19 Worse?: https://youtu.be/o8aG63yigjA
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 52: Ivermectin Treatment; Does COVID-19 Attack Hemoglobin?: https://youtu.be/qc6VV7ue4cE
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 51: State by State Projections; Ultrasound to Diagnose COVID19 Pneumonia: https://youtu.be/E7MufS6dnJw
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 50: Dip in Daily New Deaths; Research on Natural Killer Cells & COVID-19: https://youtu.be/fya6Zwxch88
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 49: New Data on COVID-19 vs Other Viral Infections (Ventilator Outcomes): https://youtu.be/uaIzj3s3p4A
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 48: Curve Flattening in California, PPE in the ICU, Medication Trials: https://youtu.be/JN-8bGB1cLM
– How Coronavirus Kills: Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS) & Treatment: https://youtu.be/okg7uq_HrhQ
Many other videos on COVID-19 (coronavirus outbreak, coronavirus symptoms, influenza, coronavirus epidemic, corona virus updates, coronavirus vaccine, boosting the immune system, vitamin D, vitamin C, Zinc, Quercetin, NAC, n-acetyl cysteine, Insomnia, PPE, hydroxychloroquine, ultrasound to diagnose COVID-19, coronavirus New York, COVID-19 and the epithelium/blood vessels) and other medical topics (ECG Interpretation, strokes, thrombosis, pulmonary embolism, myocardial infarction, hypercoagulation, hypertension, anticoagulation, DKA, acute kidney injury, influenza, measles, mechanical ventilation, etc.) at MedCam.com
Speaker: Roger Seheult, MD
Board Certified in Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Disease, Critical Care, and Sleep Medicine.
MedCram provides videos to a variety of medical schools, education programs, and institutions (please contact us at [email protected] if you are interested)
Media Contact: [email protected]
Media contact info: https://www.medcram.com/pages/media-contact
MedCram medical videos are for medical education and exam preparation, and NOT intended to replace recommendations from your doctor.
#COVID19 #SARSCoV2 #Coronavirus